Thursday 13 November 2008

A close encounter of the Strictly kind!

Possibly the most exciting news ever to hit this blog, I (Frankie) met the one and only Kiwi superstar Brendan Cole on the Tube today!

Picture the scene: I am running for the tube at Bond Street when I miss it by about a second, in a huff I turn around to see when the next one is and who has just got off said tube but Brendan! He was casually wheeling his luggage along when sensible me opens with the amazing conversational gambit "Excuse me, are you Brendan Cole?"

I must say throughout our conversation he was a total gent and seemed to actually be listening to what I said. He told me he was on his way to training and when I apologised for holding him up he replied that Lisa was always late anyway! I also wished him luck in the Samba this week, to which he said it was very hard. Replying to that I managed to blurt out that his Samba with Natasha Kaplinsky was really good and he gave me a look like I'd just whisked him away in a time machine!

I also have three rather amusing attempts at a photo of us from my camera phone; my camera phone is terrible and Brendan was very patient and even helped me with it!

This does not sound like the most amazing of incidents if you were not there, but it was for me- it's made moving to London all those months ago totally worth it! Plus I was very restrained and did not come out with any silly questions such as "Did the film Dirty Dancing change your life?" or "Do you ever pretend to do a paso with a teatowel at home?"

This so beats the time I followed a Karen Hardy lookalike around Topshop for 10 mins...

3 comments:

Jaye said...

Where are the photos then? :D Come on, don't be shy! I'm very jealous!

I hadn't thought of using a tea towel before ...

Frankie said...

It's in the photos section of our facebook group!

Ailsa Cole said...

ah frankie, this just made me actually laugh out loud. the 'excuse me, are you brendan cole' line comes up there with 'you hit your girlfriends car? oh well, these things happen'!! At least you managed not to say something like 'I carried a watermelon'. i still can't believe you saw him, this is the most amazing celeb spot ever.